Everyone LOVES meatball appetizers. This Cranberry Meatballs Recipe is perfect for any party and people will come back for seconds and thirds. The flavorful sauce is made with a handful of ingredients like cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.
You can never go wrong with cranberry meatballs as a party appetizer! These couldn’t be easier to make, and the sweet and tangy sauce comes together with just a few ingredients like cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.
BEST TYPE OF GROUND BEEF FOR CRANBERRY MEATBALLS
When making when making these meatballs, I recommend using slightly leaner beef so the meatballs don’t add a lot of grease to the sauce. Typically, we like to use beef for this recipe that’s either 85/15 or 90/10.
HOW TO USE MEATBALLS
There are so many different ways to use these meatballs! I often make a double batch so that I have extra meatballs to use for other meals. Here are some ideas for future meals:
- Appetizer: Serve on a platter with toothpicks and sauce on the side for dipping. There are endless sauces to serve with like chimichurri sauce or this teriyaki sauce.
- Pasta: Serve over spaghetti
- Lasagna: Cut up meatballs and add them to marinara before layering with noodels and cheese
- Sandwiches: Spook your meatballs into Italian hoagie rolls, top with mozzarella, broil until cheese is melted for a delicious Meatball sandwich
Cranberry Meatball Appetizer
For the meatballs
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the sauce
- 1 can whole-berry cranberry sauce 14 ounces
- 1 bottle chili sauce 12 ounces
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on baking sheet; set aside.
- Combine the meatball ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls.Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown and cooked through, approximately 20 minutes. An instant read thermometer should read 160 °F.
- Transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over meatballs. Serve warm.
OTHER FAVORITE APPETIZER RECIPES:
ONE MORE THING!
Do you want to learn more about beef? Join our weekly e-newsletter where we share farm happenings, recipes and beef availability. Sign-up and get a cheat sheet with 9-must-ask questions before buying beef directly from a farmer. Or, we have an entire ebook about beef that goes through purchasing and preparing beef from a cattle farmer’s perspective.
Here are a few other links you may like:
- Ground Beef and Asparagus Pasta Toss
- What everybody ought to know about beef cuts
- Homemade dry rub (the secret 8:3:1:1 ratio)
- Defrosting Meat: 4 Safe & Easy Ways
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- Easy 5-Can Ground Beef and Vegetable Soup
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. See our disclosure policy for more details.