A few weeks ago I had the privilege of hosting a baby shower for a friend. Before the big day, I pinned so many ideas and recipes all in the search for the perfect baby shower finger foods. I made several of my new finds, and those I didn’t make are now in my stack of recipes for “foods I want to make someday”.
One of my favorites was a new meatball appetizer recipe. I know meatballs may not be traditional baby shower food, but I was able to rationalize it for two reasons: 1) It was a shower for a baby boy. 2) Because we raise beef, I always feel like people expect to eat farm fresh beef at my house. I could be wrong about that, but no one has complained so far!
There were no leftovers of either, which I always take as a good sign when hosting a party!
Meatball Appetizer with Grass Fed Beef
- 1 pound Clover Meadows Beef all natural grass fed ground beef
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 can jellied cranberry sauce 8 ounces
- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, water, egg, bread crumbs, onion and parsley.
- Roll into small ball. You can use a cookie or ice cream scoop to create uniform meatballs
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, and then turn once.
- Bake another 10 minutes
- In a slow cooker, blend the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Add meatballs and simmer for 1 hour before serving.
- To make it easy for your guests to eat, stick each meatball with a toothpick before serving.