Hi! We’re Matt & Jessica Hardecke. Our farm is located outside of St. Louis, Missouri, and we raise Missouri grass fed beef, as well as, grain finished beef (you choose the type of beef you’re interested in).
If you’ve ever asked yourself…
- How can I make sure I’m getting good quality beef?
- Where can I buy local Missouri Grass Fed Beef that’s raised humanely from a farmer I know?
- What’s the best way to cook a specific cut of beef?
- Is it possible to save money on groceries, especially beef?
…You’re in the right place!
Know Who is Raising Your Missouri Grass Fed Beef
We’re a fifth generation family farm, and we raise both Missouri Grass Fed Beef and Grass-Fed-Grain-Finished Beef.
As the saying goes, opposites attract. That’s very true for us.
Matt is a fifth-generation cattle farmer. He grew up in the country and his town doesn’t have a stoplight. He bought his first cow when he was nine years old, and his cattle herd has been growing ever since.
Jessica grew up in a typical subdivision in a city. The only thing she knew about beef before dating and marrying Matt was how to order a steak from a restaurant menu.
If you eavesdropped on some of our earliest conversations while dating, you’d hear Jessica ask questions like…
- “If you buy a half a cow, do you get the front half or the back half?”
- “Making hay? You mean that’s more than an old-fashioned saying? It’s something you actually do?”
- “What’s the difference between all the beef cuts?”
These conversations made us both realize how differently we look at food. We both believe that consumers want to be smart about what they’re eating. Unfortunately, that can be hard to do if you don’t know a farmer or grow your own food.
Buying Grass Fed Beef From Our Farm
Our goal with Clover Meadows Beef is to make it easy for anyone to know where their beef comes from and enjoy farm-fresh beef. That’s why all of our pricing includes USDA processing and free delivery to a convenient pickup location.
Therefore, you don’t have to worry about phrases like “hanging weight” and “carcass weight.” You also won’t have to drive hours to pick up your beef. We deliver it to you for free!
Why Buy Local Grass Fed Beef?
If we were in your shoes, here are a few reasons why we would choose Clover Meadows Beef:
- We’re local! Our farm is in Wildwood, Missouri, which is a suburb of St. Louis. As a point of reference, our farm is near Six Flags.
- Our customers love our beef. Here are a few testimonials and online reviews.
- We make getting farm-fresh beef easy because we have all-inclusive pricing and free delivery to a convenient pickup location.
- We’re 5th generation cattle farmers, and we have a large cattle herd. This allows us to only use our best cattle to become Clover Meadows Beef.
- We’re very active in the agriculture community and have been featured in media outlets like the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, KMOV, St. Louis Magazine, RFD TV’s This Week in Agribusiness, Kitchen Counter Podcast, and Missouri Beef Cattleman magazine, just to name a few.
- We were named the 2016 St. Louis County Farm Family and we received the Missouri Farm Innovation award at the 2019 Missouri Governor’s Conference on Agriculture.
- We were also featured on RFD TV‘s “This Week in AgriBusiness” in June 2018. You may not be familiar with this show if you’re from the city, but it’s a TV news broadcast specifically for farmers and ranchers. It’s very popular in our world. The audience for this show is farmers, so you’ll hear some agriculture-speak, but it gives you a chance to hear about what we do.
What Not to Do When Buying Missouri Grass Fed Beef
Buying beef in bulk is a big purchase and you need to shop around, ask lots of questions, and choose a farmer with lots of experience raising beef.
If you choose a farm that doesn’t offer all-inclusive pricing (like our farm does), make sure you know exactly what you will be expected to pay to both the farm and beef processor. You don’t want to get caught with unexpected fees.
Missouri is blessed to have some of the best beef in the U.S., and that’s because of great cattle farmers. Raising quality grass fed beef is much more complicated than putting one cow in the backyard (which is unfortunately what some people do now that Missouri grass fed beef is popular).
Have a question about Missouri Grass Fed Beef? Ask us!
You can send us an email or sign up for our free enewsletter. We talk about beef in everyday language (no agriculture-speak here), farm-happenings, and our favorite beef recipes. We will also let you know availability for our next quarter, half and whole beef.
When we’re not talking about beef, we’re a typical family — just like you! We have one daughter, she’s a rainbow baby and a huge gift from God. A typical day in our home is filled with as much laughter as possible and good food. We also like traveling, riding our bikes or four-wheeler, cheering for our favorite college teams (MU for Matt and KU for Jessica), and watching our favorite shows (RFDTV for Matt and HGTV for Jessica). And most importantly, we try to live as intentionally as possible following Jesus.
Thank you for visiting, and please don’t hesitate to ask us your beef questions!
Matt & Jessica Hardecke
P.S. Here are some frequently asked questions about our cows and beef.
P.P.S. Don’t forget to sign up for free enewsletter!