Carne Asada Street Tacos are delicious Mexican-inspired tacos made with flank steak or skirt steak. They’re quick, easy and so good!
We love Mexican Food and eat it often. These Carne Asada Street Tacos are very simple, yet full of flavor. Typically, we make them with flank steak or skirt steak.
What is a Street Taco?
Street Tacos have become very popular over the years. Compared to regular tacos, Street Tacos are unique because they’re typically served off of food trucks and they’re served in smaller tortillas. This is so that people can hold them in one hand while walking down the street.
Ingredients for Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Flank Steak or Skirt Steak. (In a pinch, we’ve also used sirloin steak in this recipe and it works too.)
- Soy sauce
- Red onion
- Vegetable oil
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Dried oregano
- Red onion
- Mini flour or corn tortillas (Make sure that you are using the smaller tortillas, not burrito size)
How to make Street Tacos
- Cut and mix: Cut the steak. In a medium sized bowl combine soy sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- Marinate: Add the steak and let marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Marinating is the key to this recipe
- Cook the meat: Heat a medium sized skillet to medium high heat. Add the steak and marinade and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add toppings: Put the steak in the center of your tortilla with desired toppings.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce reduced sodium
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak or flank steak cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 mini flour or corn tortillas warmed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salsa, if desired
- Thinly slice skirt steak or flank steak against the grain into ½ inch pieces. Place steak in large bowl or Ziploc bag. Set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, lime juice, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Add to bowl or Ziploc bag with steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and marinade, and cook, stirring often, until steak has browned and marinade has reduced, about 5-6 minutes, or until desired doneness. For medium rare, cook to an internal temperature of 130-134°F as indicated by an instant read thermometer.
- Serve steak in tortillas, topped with onion, cilantro and salsa.
OTHER FAVORITE TACO RECIPES
KITCHEN PRODUCTS WE LOVE
ONE MORE THING!
Do you want to learn more about beef? Join our weekly e-newsletter where we share farm happenings, recipes and beef availability. Sign-up and get a cheat sheet with 9-must-ask questions before buying beef directly from a farmer. Or, we have an entire ebook about beef that goes through purchasing and preparing beef from a cattle farmers perspective.
Here are a few other links you may like:
- What everybody ought to know about beef cuts
- Buying a Cow. How Much Beef Is It?
- 7 Steps to Grilling a Steak to Perfection
- How We Raise Our Grass Fed Beef
- Bonfire Burger
- Prime Rib Roast with Garlic Herb Butter
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions are our own and we only recommend products that we truly believe in.
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. See our disclosure policy for more details.
Leave a Reply