Brrr! It’s cold outside and that means it’s time for soup.
This Taco Soup recipe is one of my favorites on cold winter days. It’s easy and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand — who wants to go to the grocery store when it’s cold?!
I often make this on the weekend and then freeze some of it so that I have several easy lunches in the future. It’s also great for a big gathering and people can add toppings so that it’s customized to their liking.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 can pinto bean 15 ounces
- 1 can kidney beans 15 ounces
- 1 can corn drained (15 ounces)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes 14 ounces
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14 ounces
- 1 can tomatoes with chiles 14 ounces
- 2 cans diced green chiles 4 ounces each
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup black olives drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives sliced
- For serving:
- Corn chips
- Sour Cream
- Grated Cheese
- Chopped Green Onions
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet
- In a large pot (or crockpot), mix the cooked ground beef, beans, corn, tomatoes, green chilies, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing. If desired, include the black and/or green olives.
- Simmer on low heat for about 1 hour in the stove, or cook for about 6 hours on low in a crockpot.
- Serve with corn chips, sour cream, grated cheese, and chopped green onions.
Looking for another soup recipes with beef? Check out our beef recipes page.