This Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe is an easy, weekday crock pot dinner. Using traditional ingredients and uncooked noodles, dinner is ready in just a few hours. It tastes so good and is so easy!
You can never go wrong with lasagna. It is comfort food at its finest. Traditional lasagna is a family favorite, but it takes some time to prepare. That’s where this easy crockpot lasagna recipe comes in. You can enjoy the flavorful, hearty, cheesy, saucy goodness of lasagna, without all the work.
Why this Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe is a Favorite:
- Uncooked Noodles: You don’t need to boil your noodles! Use regular lasagna noodles (not no-boil noodles) and break them apart to fit into the slow cooker.
- No Oven Required: This is a great recipe year-round, but I usually find myself making it in the summertime when I’m avoiding using the oven so the house doesn’t heat up.
- Time Saver: Compared to traditional lasagna, the prep for this crockpot lasagna recipe is much faster, it uses less dishes, and the clean-up is easier too. This recipe uses a homemade sauce, but if you want to save even more time, you could use bottled marinara sauce. If you want to save even more time in clean-up, use a slow cooker liner.
How to Make this Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe:
Prepare the sauce: In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is browned. Drain meat of any excess grease after cooking. Add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, and water. Note: you could make this recipe even easier by using store bought spaghetti sauce. If you do, simply brown your ground beef and add the jarred sauce to the ground beef. .
Prepare the cheese: Stir mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Layer in crockpot: Spoon a layer of the meat sauce onto the bottom of a slow cooker. Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, breaking noodles to fit into cooker as needed. Top noodles with a portion of cheese mixture. Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese two times. End with red pasta sauce as the final layer, and sprinkle more cheese all over the top for that cheesy flavor lasagna is known for.
Cook: Cook on LOW in the slow cooker for 4-5 hours or until the noodles are tender.
Can Leftovers be Frozen?
Crockpot Lasagna makes great leftovers. Allow the lasagna to cool completely before placing it in a freezer safe container. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. Freeze for up to three months. When ready to eat, thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours. Then, reheat in an oven-safe dish until lasagna is hot and bubbly. Alternatively, you can reheat in a microwave safe dish.
How long does slow cooker lasagna take to cook?
This easy crockpot lasagna recipe typically takes 4 hours to cook on LOW. However, cooking times may vary based on the slow cooker.
No-boil Noodles or Regular Noodles for Crock Pot Lasagna?
This recipe calls for regular lasagna noodles, not no-boil noodles. The reason for this is no-boil noodles are often thinner than regular noodles and they don’t hold up as well in the slow cooker. When we’ve used no-boil noodles in this recipe, the noodles are chewy, not tender. I highly recommend traditional lasagna noodles for this recipe.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 can tomato paste 6 ounce
- 1 can tomato sauce 29 ounce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is browned. Drain meat of any excess grease after cooking.
- Add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sugar, and water. (If using store-bought marinara sauce, skip this step and add the jar of sauce to the ground beef and onion mixture)
- Stir mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- If desired, prepare slow cooker by using a slow cooker liner.
- Spoon a layer of the meat sauce onto the bottom of a slow cooker. Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, breaking noodles to fit into cooker as needed. Top noodles with a portion of cheese mixture. Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese two times. End with red pasta sauce as the final layer, and sprinkle more cheese all over the top.
- Cook on LOW in the slow cooker for 4-5 hours or until the noodles are tender.
Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
KITCHEN PRODUCTS WE LOVE
ONE MORE THING!
Do you want to learn more about beef? Join our weekly e-newsletter where we share farm happenings, recipes and beef availability. Sign-up and get a cheat sheet with 9-must-ask questions before buying beef directly from a farmer. Or, we have an entire ebook about beef that goes through purchasing and preparing beef from a cattle farmer’s perspective.
Here are a few other links you may like:
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
- 7 Steps to Grilling Steak to Perfection
- Easy Carne Asada Street Tacos
- Prime Rib Roast with Garlic Herb Butter
- How to choose the best cut of steak (Top 4 cuts)
- What everybody ought to know about beef cuts
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. See our disclosure policy for more details