Do you love those recipes that you can practically make in your sleep? If so, this one is for you!
We love real homemade lasagna, but we only make it occasionally because it can be time consuming to layer all the ingredients. That’s why this easy skillet lasagna recipe is a winner.
This dish tastes exactly like traditional lasagna, but it only takes 25 minutes to make from start to finish.
Just to be fair, there is a small caveat to this easy skillet lasagna dish. It won’t serve up in perfect lasagna squares. Personally, that makes us love this recipe even more since we’ve dished up real lasagna before and been disappointed it didn’t look like a magazine.
This dish is an ooey, gooey, messy, flavorful dish that makes everyone want seconds.
Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 can 28 ounces whole peeled tomatoes
- 4 baby carrots scrubbed
- 1 small yellow onion cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup ricotta or cottage cheese if you want to be slightly healthier
- 3 ounces fresh spinach leaves stems removed and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 4 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until it's browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic in a food processor and chop until coarsely ground.
- When the meat is browned, pour off any fat. Add the tomato mixture, chicken stock, ricotta (or cottage cheese), and spinach (optional). Stir thoroughly.
- Bury the uncooked lasagna noodles in the sauce, and sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over all.
- Bake the lasagna uncovered until the cheese is melted and bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let stand uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Looking for other ground beef recipes? Check out our website.