Mmmm…Beef Brisket. It’s one of our favorites.
We tried a new beef brisket recipe this year for Father’s Day that we found on the Food Network. It was so good that we’re sharing it here.
As with everything we cook, we like simple. This beef brisket recipe is so simple that anyone can make it. Plus, this recipe is for an oven-roasted brisket. That was important to us on Father’s Day because we were also grilling steaks and we needed to save our grill for the steaks.
And yes, we had both beef brisket and steaks for Father’s Day — don’t judge! 🙂 Father’s Day is an important time to celebrate all of the amazing Dads we have in our family, and they all love beef. So, bring on the beef!
Beef Brisket Recipe
- 4 pounds beef brisket trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf crushed
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- Preheat oven to 350
- Trim the brisket (if you haven't already done so)
- Make a dry rub by combining all of the dry ingredients, and season the raw brisket on both sides with the rub
- Place brisket in a roasting pan uncovered, and roast for 1 hour at 350-degrees
- Remove brisket from oven, add the beef stock so that there's about 1/2 inch of liquid in the pan. If you have a big pan, you may need more than 1 1/2 cups of beef stock or you can also add water.
- Lower oven to 300, cover pan tightly and cook for an additional 3-hours or until fork-tender.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain. If desired, top with juice from the pan.