Thinking of making beef baby food? Here are some of our favorite beef baby food recipes made with farm-fresh, grass-fed beef.
We never thought we’d write a blog post on this topic, but this is one of the ways we’ve been “cooking” beef recently so we decided to share it.
Since the birth of our daughter, we started doing something entirely new with beef — pureeing it to make beef baby food.
One of her favorite beef baby food recipe is beef & broccoli. We hope your little one likes it too!
Beef Baby Food – Beef Broccoli
- 1 cup beef broth homemade if possible, or low-sodium if store bought
- 1/2 lb strip steak or filet
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- Place beef broth in a medium pot and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the steak to the pot. The steak should be covered by the broth. If it’s not, add water.
- Place the broccoli on top of the steaks and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the steak is cooked thoroughly and the broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and mash the beef and broccoli with an immersion blender until you get your desired texture.
If you’re looking for an even more basic beef baby food recipe, you can also make a very simple beef puree with ground beef. Simply cook the ground beef thoroughly and place it into a blender or food processor with about 1/4 cup water. You will then puree the mixture, but keep in mind that you may need to add more (or less) water to get the desired consistency. You can also add a variety of different fruits or vegetables to this basic beef baby food to make it a new meal for your baby, such as apple or sweet potato.
ONE MORE THING
Do you want to learn more about beef? Join our weekly e-newsletter where we share farm happenings, recipes and beef availability. Sign-up and get a cheat sheet with 9-must-ask questions before buying beef directly from a farmer. Or, we have an entire ebook about beef that goes through purchasing and preparing beef from a cattle farmers perspective.
Here are a few other links you may like: