One of our favorite recipes to make with skirt steak is Carne Asada, which means a good Carne Asada Marinade is a must!
Carne Asada is a Mexican dish with marinated steak strips that are grilled. The beef tastes so amazing, you can serve it stand-alone, but it’s more common to eat it with tortillas and avocados. That’s how we like it.
Here’s our favorite Carne Asada Marinade:
Carne Asada Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice about 2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or baking dish -- olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, vinegar, sugar, black pepper, cumin, garlic, jalapeno and cilantro in a bowl.
- Pour the marinade into a Ziploc bag or into a baking dish. Place the steak in the marinade and coat it thoroughly.
- Refrigerate the steak for 4 hours or overnight. If you’re using a baking dish, clover in plastic wrap before refrigerating.
- When you’re ready to cook the steak, remove it from the marinade. Place the steak on a hot grill, and sear each side. Make sure you start with an extremely hot grill. It should only take a few minutes on each side to sear the steak. Remove the steak when it’s at the desired doneness.
We recommend grilling the skirt steak to medium rare for Carne Asada.