We’re always looking for new recipes and we stumbled on this easy, 6-ingredient Italian Beef Roast recipe that we really like.
I usually make this Italian Beef Roast in a slow cooker, and the smells that come from the kitchen make my mouth water all day.
If you love roasts and easy crock-pot meals, this recipe is for you!
Italian Beef Roast
- 1 round roast 3-4 lbs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mushrooms optional
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 cups homemade beef broth or one 14.5 oz can
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz
- Place onions (and mushrooms, if desired) in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with roast.
- Sprinkle the soup mix and parsley on top of the roast.
- Add broth and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until roast is tender.
Here’s an easy recipe for the homemade beef bone broth in case you’d like to try it instead of broth from a can.