Truth: I love Mexican food. I’m not sure if it’s the main entree or chips and salsa appetizer, but both are amazing. Since I love it so much I’m always looking for new recipes. This is one of those new ones that I found absolutely amazing because 1. it’s so good and 2. it’s so easy. If you’re used to having a regular taco night with your family, give this one a try. And of course, be sure to serve it with some chips and salsa.
Since this is an easy recipe, most of the steps are very straight forward. The trickiest part if folding the tortillas. It’s not hard, but pictures are always helpful!
Once you’ve cooked the ingredients, spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture on to the tortilla.
Then, fold it in half.
Then, fold the other sides up, as if you’re making a little packet or envelope.
Place the tortilla packet seam side down in a baking dish.
Easy Chimichangas with Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 pound Clover Meadows Beef all natural grass fed ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced green peppers
- ¾ cup whole kernel corn
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup Enchilada sauce
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 7 oz green diced canned chilies
- 1 ½ Tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- Sour cream if desired to garnish
- Salsa if desired to garnish
- 8 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees .
- In a skillet, brown beef onions, corn, peppers, garlic, taco seasoning and oregano over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and then add refried beans, enchilada sauce and canned chilies. Mix together.
- Spoon the beef mixture in the center of each tortilla, and top with cheese and tomatoes.
- You’re now going to fold the tortilla so that it creates a pocket in the shape of a square. Fold the right and left side of the tortilla towards the middle, turn 90 degrees and repeat so that all sides of the tortilla are folded to the middle. Repeat for all 8 tortillas.
- Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the tortillas with the melted butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with sour cream and salsa, if desired.