Hamburger + Bacon = Amazing.
In case mentioning those two ingredients isn’t enough to convince you to try this recipe, you should know that we usually stick with traditional burgers, not gourmet burgers you get for about $15 at restaurants. Our general rule of thumb is if you have good meat, you don’t need all of those extra ingredients that could cover up the beef flavor.
However, I think we may have found an exception to our rule.
This BBQ Bacon Hamburger is an incredibly juicy hamburger that’s full of flavor.
Give it a try, and don’t be surprised if it becomes one of your new favorites!
Perfect BBQ Bacon Hamburger
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 bacon strips cooked and crumbled (Bacon Bits will work if you don't have fresh bacon)
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 1/ teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- Swiss Cheese
- Hamburger buns we like whole wheat, but white bread is tasty too
- Lettuce and Tomato if desired
- Combine the mayo and BBQ sauce in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the crumbled bacon, 2 Tablespoons of the mayo/BBQ mixture, onion and steak seasoning.
- Combine the bacon mixture with the ground beef
- Form into 4 hamburger patties
- Grill burgers until cooked to desired temperature
- Top with cheese and cook until cheese is melted
- Spread the remaining mayo/BBQ sauce on the buns
- Add the burger and whatever other toppings you like on your burger (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.)
Are you looking for other hamburger recipes to try? Here are some of our other favorites: