If you’re looking for something complicated to make, this isn’t it. This is a really simple recipe that is especially great for kids, but it’s also great for a light meal or lunch. I’ve always thought of these as mini sloppy joes. The ingredients are about the same, they aren’t nearly as messy as real sloppy joes.
To make these, you preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease the cups of a muffin pan. Place a piece of biscuit dough in each cup, stretching the dough up the sides.
In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and green pepper until evenly brown. Stir in your favorite BBQ sauce. Simmer for a few minutes over low heat. Then, fill the cups with a spoonful of the beef mixture and sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake for 10 minutes until they’re golden brown. Then, if you want extra cheese, sprinkle a little more cheese on top and bake for about 2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Barbecue Beef Cups
- 1 pound Clover Meadows Beef all natural ground beef
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package biscuit dough 12 ounces
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook onion and green pepper until soft.
- Next, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add BBQ sauce and dash of Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan
- Flatten each biscuit and press into the cups of the muffin pan. Bake biscuits for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Then, remove pan from oven and spoon 1 Tablespoon of the meat mixture into each cup. Bake for 10 minutes or until biscuit dough is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese has melted