I know you may think it’s a little odd to put avocados and steak together, but trust me on this.
Avocados are for more than just guacamole or a big cobb salad.
This avocado sauce topper is perfect for steak. Plus, avocados and steaks are full of dozens of vitamins and minerals so this is a win-win for your taste buds and your health.
The hardest thing about this recipe is picking a good avocado. I used to be horrible at selecting avocados until I learned a simple trick from thekitchn.com. Before buying or cutting into an avocado, check under the stem to make sure you see green under the stem. If you do, it’s a good one that’s ready to be used in this amazing steak and avocado sauce recipe.
- 1 avocado seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes add more or less depending on how much kick you like
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve sauce with grilled steak