Have you ever had melted blue cheese butter on a steak? If not, you need to try it. It’s so good and so easy to make.
Usually, I’m not a fan of blue cheese, but this easy blue cheese butter is the exception. It’s amazing with steak. And if you happen to have any butter left over (which we never do) you can add it to your vegetables or baked potato.
Here’s another quick tip — If you’re in a real pinch and only have butter and blue cheese in your kitchen, you can skip the parsley, basil and garlic. They are optional herbs, but they really make this easy blue cheese butter shine if you have them on hand.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness. Transfer steaks to plate and let steaks rest. While steaks are resting, top them with butter. Enjoy!